3333 Lee Parkway
Dallas, TX 75219
Phone: (972) 849-8281
Fax: (214) 764-8392
Luke Nelson practices commercial and patent litigation. He is a registered patent attorney, and has more than a decade of broad-spectrum litigation experience.
Mr. Nelson brings a diverse legal background to his practice. Prior to joining CCRG, Mr. Nelson was an attorney with large law firms in Dallas, Texas and Baton Rouge, Louisiana, handling numerous types of complex commercial litigation and disputes. And he has also served as general counsel of a start-up private investment company, guiding small-business acquisitions. As a result of this background, Mr. Nelson has a nuanced understanding of business dynamics and lawsuits, and also appreciates the nonlawyer’s perspective on disputes, business deals, and personal legal matters.
Mr. Nelson holds a J.D. from the University of Texas School of law, where he was a member of the Texas Law Review, and studied mechanical engineering and psychology at Rice University.
J.D., The University of Texas School of Law;
Texas Law Review, vols. 82-83;
Townes Hall Society Scholarship,
Endowed Presidential Scholarship
B.S., Mechanical Engineering, Rice University
B.A., Psychology, Rice University
Mr. Nelson has litigated all sorts and sizes of disputes, from massive actions with multiple venues, dozens of parties, and hundreds of millions of dollars at stake, all the way down to fending off lawsuits over spilled coffee and repossessed ATVs. He has represented plaintiffs, defendants, and third parties, and has handled matters in federal court, in state court, on appeal, and in arbitration. His broad range of litigation and dispute experience includes, among other areas:
- Patent litigation.
- Contract disputes.
- Negligence, fraud, and business torts.
- Securities class actions, derivative suits, and SEC investigations.
- Construction disputes and public bidding issues.
- Professional malpractice defense.
- Mortgage and consumer financial disputes.
- Commercial real estate disputes.
- Personal injury defense.
- Federal civil rights litigation.
- Complex adversary proceedings within bankruptcy
TRANSACTIONS & NON-LITIGATION MATTERS
In addition to his law firm litigation experience, Mr. Nelson is also an experienced transactional attorney.He previously co-founded and served as general counsel of a start-up private investment company, where he was responsible for legal and financial strategy on small business acquisitions and general business law issues. Mr. Nelson’s experience with transactions, business law, and personal legal matters includes:
- Small business acquisitions.
- Formation and governance of LLCs and corporations.
- Non-profit issues.
- Due diligence reviews and legal evaluation of potential acquisitions.
- Commercial leases.
- Estate and elder law issues.
- Oil & gas interests.
- Reorganization and restructuring.
- Private placements and related documentation.
- Negotiating and drafting a wide range of contracts and transaction documents.
Mr. Nelson is a member of the state bar of Texas and is also registered to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.