3333 Lee Parkway
Dallas, TX 75219
Phone: (469) 587-7252
Fax: (214) 764-8392
Grayson Cassada is an associate specializing in commercial and intellectual property litigation. His clients have included those in oil and gas (developers, part suppliers, and operators), trucking (distributors), technology (software providers), commercial real estate (property owners and lessees), and financing (lendors). Grayson strives to maximize efficiency without sacrificing attention to detail.
Grayson also has significant experience in commercial real estate transactions, serving clients as they acquire, develop and sell commercial property, including hotels and national retail chains. Grayson has advised clients on properties throughout the country, including in Texas, California, Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, South Carolina, and West Virginia.
Grayson graduated cum laude from SMU Dedman School of Law, where he earned the Best Brief Award in the Jackson Walker Moot Court Competition (a mandatory and graded first-year competition) and served on the Jackson Walker Brief Writing Committee and the SMU Science & Technology Law Review. He also interned in the 44th and 193rd Texas Civil District Courts (Dallas County) and the Collin County Courthouse, provided pro bono services to the Innocence Project of Texas, and assisted in a solo practitioner’s general litigation practice. Additionally, Grayson has worked as a biochemistry research assistant at the University of Richmond.
J.D., cum laude, Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law
B.A., Vanderbilt University
- Regularly represents multi-billion dollar grocery and food-service supply chain services provider in disputes regarding distribution agreements, commercial lease agreements, and regulatory matters.
- Regularly represents oil pipe supplier in connection with manufacturer and purchaser disputes.
- Represents rail-offloading-facility designer and operator in connection with breach-of-contract claim against midstream energy provider.
- Represents polyurea company against former employee in dispute concerning confidentiality agreement, trade secrets, tortious inference, conversion, and fiduciary duty.
- Represented youth-sports organization against allegations of tortious interference, drafting motions to dismiss that resulted in voluntary pre-hearing dismissal with prejudice.
- Represented roofing-repair company against partial owner claiming breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty and fraud, resulting in the court granting company’s motion to dismiss and motion for summary judgment and disposing of the plaintiff ’s $25 million damages claim.
- Represents audience-seating designer and manufacturer defending patent lawsuit concerning stadium-seating design and technology.
- Represented leading internet security company in patent litigation that resulted in patent invalidation through a motion for judgment on the pleadings and in trade-secret misappropriation litigation that resulted in preliminary-injunction denial and voluntary dismissal with prejudice.